Help with audio

May 21, 2018
the speakers are blown in my TV and I'm not sure what the Two Jacks that I have are for one of them looks like it's for headphones but I plug in speakers are headphones and they don't work. The other says digital audio output but it looks just like an RCA plug. When I search on line digital audio output it shows a totally different plug like my TV don't even exist the way it's set up. I have a pair of computer speakers I'd like to use with my TV but I have no idea how to convert this RCA looking Jack into a speaker wire input. I have a picture but I can't figure out how to upload it. But it just looks like a standard RCA jack a slightly lighter red tint then the one for the standard RCA in

https://ibb.co/fA2dY8

Solution
That black port says in the manual audio for dvi device, since dvi doesnt carry audio it must mean a computer with only dvi ports using an hdmi adapter would use the black port as an stereo input on Hdmi 1 channel. Theres a line connecting between Hdmi 1 and the black port but the description of it is hard to read.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/306780/Sanyo-Dp32642.html

For Toslink adapter, something like this that has headphone out and volume control to give headphones decent volume as just an adapter would require an amp on the other side like a sound bar or other means. You'll still hear sound from headphones just not as much volume without an toslink amp with volume control...

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
There should be a model of the TV on a sticker some place. If you can find it, reply with that info. You can also search online for the manual; typically in PDF format.

As for the 3.5mm jack - most likely digital out. Ditto for the RCA type. To decode that signal, you'll need a separate receiver/amp.

May 21, 2018
I have no idea if it's analog or not I posted a link to the picture of the two ports that I got. And I've tried to put headphones into the headphone looking Jack no sound and I've tried to plug a speaker into the RCA looking plug and no sound. So I don't know what I need to do to get sound to come out of that digital audio output

boju

Distinguished
What tv is it?

Digital coax is for soundbars or AVRs with digital coax inputs. Digital coax is similar to optical.

Can get Toslink digital coax to rca converters, they don't cost much.

As for the black plug, if it is headphones out usually would have an headphone picture next to the plug. If it is headphones but no label to be seen there may be an option in the audio menu of tv. Headphones should just play automatically though so might not be for headphones, need to know what tv it is to find out.

May 21, 2018
I looked up the instruction manual and I still don't understand what I need I'm kind of illiterate when it comes to audio I don't know anything about it. I know that the Goodwill has tons and tons of cords and converters so if I could figure out what I'm looking for I can probably find it there

boju

Distinguished
That black port says in the manual audio for dvi device, since dvi doesnt carry audio it must mean a computer with only dvi ports using an hdmi adapter would use the black port as an stereo input on Hdmi 1 channel. Theres a line connecting between Hdmi 1 and the black port but the description of it is hard to read.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/306780/Sanyo-Dp32642.html

For Toslink adapter, something like this that has headphone out and volume control to give headphones decent volume as just an adapter would require an amp on the other side like a sound bar or other means. You'll still hear sound from headphones just not as much volume without an toslink amp with volume control.

https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Digital-Converter-Support-Control/dp/B07BKX8BV7/ref=pd_day0_hl_267_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07BKX8BV7&pd_rd_r=f40e665f-5d63-11e8-a460-7d613958ad97&pd_rd_w=lPOtV&pd_rd_wg=ljM2a&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=4014010564823900592&pf_rd_r=K07EACA1V66HV9YEEVTJ&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=K07EACA1V66HV9YEEVTJ&dpID=51KDMrAYnOL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Solution

boju

Distinguished
Actually can't find any sound bars with headphone out, maybe expensive models do not sure.

Still there are wide variety sound bars with line in or rca inputs. So for options, would still use a Toslink adapter to drive your headphones and if you wanted external speakers as well, you'd use the rca outs from the adapter to a soundbar like this;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KC2SYV/ref=psdc_3237803011_t5_B00SMBFZNG

There are lots of budget soundbar models with rca/line inputs.

May 21, 2018
I went to Walmart and I bought 3 things a converter box, a cord that converts RCA to 3.5 mm, and a cord that converts 3.5 male chord to a female cord. I figured I'd give it a shot since Walmart has a good return policy and it ended up working beautifully but it cost me about $35. If I've got this situation figured out I can return these three items and just buy this one device from Amazon although it says headphone jack and not speaker Jack wouldn't this one device do the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CZCYRTU/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1526962915&sr=8-17&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=digital+to+analog+converter

May 21, 2018
Thanks for all your help I'm wanting to plug in speakers that have their own power and volume not headphones. But I'm looking at different ones on Walmart now that I can get free shipping. I don't have access to a computer though right now and it's hard doing it on my phone if you happen to see one at walmart.com that my work all I need is an audio output for my computer speakers that have subwoofer and two speakers. If you see one link me to it that would be awesome because it's really hard navigating on this crappy little phone. But anyway thanks for all your help

boju

Distinguished
Oh ok sorry thought you wanted to use headphones.

What speakers are you using or want to use?

Left and right speakers is easy, just need is rca to 3.5mm (which i think you bought before) as some speakers use 3.5mm for inputs. Only thing im not sure of is the subwoofer and where does it get it's signal from. PC speaker's subwoofer is on a separate channel (yellow) so would have to use a Y split rca adapter to feed the subwoofer.

If your subwoofer needs a separate cable can do something like this and share with either left or right speaker.

The rca plugs you have now from the converter, one of these to give sub an rca plug for its own
s-l300.jpg

Then these if your subwoofer box needs 3.5mm

images

May 21, 2018
What I'm using right now is computer speakers that plug in with a 3.5 Jack. It's a subwoofer and 2 speakers and it normally hooks up to a computer. I'm just looking for the cheapest little box that I can get from Walmart so I can take back the $35 worth of items that I bought today and just get one device.

What I ended up buying today was the converter box but it didn't have a 3.5 M Jack so the converter box cost me $20. And then I had to get the RF cable to 3.5 M converter. Then I had to get this other cord that's normally an extension cord. So that I could plug the male output of my speakers into the male input from the RF cord. Basically I needed a female to female and I ended up buying an extension to serve that purpose. It cost me around $35 but I'm looking to just get one $10 device that'll do the same thing