help with buying a laptop...

Awakened One

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Hello,

I hope all is well. i have been surf shopping for some time now for a laptop and have always favored y'all's forums for all sorts of things computer. So here are the FAQs answered for you. thank you ahead of time!

1. What is your budget?

up tp $750

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

13 - 15 inches

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

as much as possible

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

i play kongregate mostly, but i also play diablo 3 and some other similar sometimes and it would be nice to see it on high

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

work, watch internet movies/shows, music, surf

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

up to half a terabyte SSD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

i have been looking on Google Search for Asus, Dell, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo deals

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

as long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

not nessecary. i can get external.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

i want the best my money can get. i am not brand sacred.

13. What country do you live in?

New Orleans, LA USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

i have been building my own PCs since i can remember, but have never owned a laptop. i have taken a sales job recently and it would help me tremendously on the go. since i am in need for work i figured i mind as well have the ability to do everything else i normally do on a computer to a certain extent.

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
Best laptop that matches your criteria (almost) I could find (it's newegg Canada, so you might want check it out on newegg.com:

ASUS X550ZE-DH101-CA Notebook :http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232237&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-PC-_-pla-_-All+Laptops+%2f+Notebooks-_-N82E16834232237&gclid=CLTyq9eUpMQCFQEcaQodzbgAcw

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015

I don't really look at brands, I just look at the specs, compare with others with higher/lower prices and compare the most compatible to your uses.