Help with buying Business Laptop - Workstation

May 2, 2019
Dear Everyone,

Im looking into buying a new laptop for my workstation. I will 90% of the time have it docked using two 27" 1440p screens (1080 is OK) so it does not have to be very thin and slim, I rather prefer raw power and performance.

So a good dock communication is essential

I have been looking at X1 Carbon, Dell Latitude 5591, and HP Studio etc but I cant decide which one seems the better

Questions answered below

1. What is your budget?

Around 1500 euro

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15", does not matter that much since I will have it docked most of the time

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1080p min

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

What what?

5. How much battery life do you need?

Does not matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Calculation programs, photo editing and some CAD works

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Atleast 500gb SSD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

https://www.dustin.se/

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

For as long as I can

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Not required, buying a USB external

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Open-minded

13. What country do you live in?

Sweden

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Fast CPU and 16gb DDR4 would be great

Lenovo P models would be my first pick. Carbons are fancy but too slim to have good cooling so CPU can't ramp up to good speeds and the keyboards in those for some reason vary a lot in feel.

Dell I have had horrible issues with for several generations, motherboards, screens, batteries, USB C ports and docks.

HP Z books are pretty nice also.

May 2, 2019
Lenovo P models would be my first pick. Carbons are fancy but too slim to have good cooling so CPU can't ramp up to good speeds and the keyboards in those for some reason vary a lot in feel.

Dell I have had horrible issues with for several generations, motherboards, screens, batteries, USB C ports and docks.

HP Z books are pretty nice also.

Thank you for your answer.

From what I have read, Dell is no longer an alternative.

Lenovo P52s start at 2000 euro and a P52 at 2500 so its abit out of budget but probably worth it in the long haul

I would like to have a 6 core cpu

Thank you for your answer.

From what I have read, Dell is no longer an alternative.

Lenovo P52s start at 2000 euro and a P52 at 2500 so its abit out of budget but probably worth it in the long haul

I would like to have a 6 core cpu

If you are OK with a some performance and construction loss for price, Lenovo T models are also good. I like the business models since you will be using the system with a dock and the business models have the best docking station support and availability.

If the system will be sitting on a desk most of the time, why not a desktop computer along with a cheaper laptop for portability? You can save 3-400 and get the same speed in a desktop vs a laptop, along with a lot more upgrade options.