Question Help with Buying Business Premium Laptop

Jun 26, 2021
2k range
13.5-14 inch

Need help with a laptop. I am a surgeon who uses my laptop all day every day. I would prefer to spend 1500-2000, which is way more than I'd like, but its a business expense and it is a very important tool for my job.
I use it everyday, in my clinic, at home, etc. Things that are important to me:

Battery- I don't need the best out there, but definitely top tier

Portability- 1a and 1b with battery. I take this thing everywhere. I need it to fit easily in my briefcase and be light enough to carry comfortably with one hand. I take it in and out of patients exam rooms all day long. Also, due to narcotic presriber laws, I basically need to take it everywhere with me, including places like the golf course.

Screen- must be touch, and also must be of high quality and resolution. I look at xrays, MRIs, ct scans all day long on this thing. I also will not get anything less than 13.5-14inchs. Preferably need antireflective as well
I would prefer nothing less than 16:10 or 3:2. The 16:9 isn't as good but at the same time, this is diminished if I get a 14 inch. Would prefer 400 nit or higher as well. I don't think I need 4k or OLED as this just drains battery life.

The rest is gravy, but the above are the most important criteria

Finally, I need the laptop by September. With the AMD chip shortages, this may hose me a bit unfortunately.

After way too much research online, I have narrowed it down to the following:

1.) Surface laptop 4- I like the Ryzen chips but I realize this may be impossible to get at the moment. Battery life is top tier but not the best. Portability seems A+

2.) HP Spectre x 360- Seems to hit all the marks. Although I wonder about portability. I had the X360 13 and it was surprisingly heavy and clunky for its size. I have also heard the fans make it unbearable

3.) Dell Lat. 9420- also seems to hit all the marks but just silly expensive. The 9410 is nice and a good price at this point but I can't justify spending high $$ for a 10th gen intel at this point. But maybe I don't need the 11th gen? Thoughts?

4.) HP Elitebook (either x360, regular, or aero)- Seem to have read some not so great things about the screen. I would need to get the Aero to make it under 3lbs I believe. Also, are they even available? I found a great AMD G8 aero on cdw but the nits were only 250, which I do think might be a deal breaker

Appreciate all input and any other suggestions of laptops I may not have mentioned

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021
For the stuffs you mentioned I would Suggest you go with the New Dell XPS 15 , it has 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-11800H , A NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Ti & 15.6" FHD+ (1920 x 1200) InfinityEdge Non-Touch Anti-Glare 500-Nit Display All At $1949 . But if you want OLED you can Add another $400 to get the OLED one.
here's the link : Dell XPS 15 Laptop | Dell USA

For 13 inch you can get this too The New XPS 13 Dell XPS 13 Laptop | Dell USA ,Comes with Intel Evo Platform With Intel Iris Xe With a Very good Anti_Glare 500-Nit one At $1349 If you want you can spend another $400 for the Touch OLED or the Touch UHD+ Display