Question Help with deciding which macbook to buy

Jul 23, 2020
Hey everybody,
I'm trying to decide on which macbook I should get for my girlfriend. She's gonna be majoring in biology, so not very demanding.
The thing is both the entry-level Macbook Pro 13"(i5 8th gen, 8 GB LPDDR3, 256GB ssd)
and the i5 10th geb, 8GB LPDDR4X, 512GB ssd Macbook Air cost 1299$, and I was wondering which one is the better choice?
I've seen all these benchmarks where the Air has a better single-core score, but a lower multi-core score, and I've seen reviews online that shamed the Air for it's heat management and being very loud.
And so that got me confused as to which is the better pick so any advice is appreciated. ( I am aware of the fact that the air is LPDDR4X vs the pro's LPDDR3, and that the storage is doubled so that's obviously a point for the air).
Thanks in advance :)

Jul 23, 2020
Hello,
According to my view, Mac book pro 13 10th generation is a better option as it has a faster processor than the 8th generation Macbook pro.
So, I give my view, its depend on you to select best one.
I was actually considering the Air 13 2020 with the 10th gen. The pro with a 10th gen is a little off my budget.