Help with getting rid adpopups?

Sahil Dhir

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Hi all,

I have been having trouble with adpopups since last month. recently i even formatted my entire hdd and started from scratch,but i still have those popups. ihave done following:

1.Run malware bytes scan
2.Run AdwCleaner 7
3. Run hitman pro
4. i was using ublock origin until recently, but the popups still appeared. thing is i wanna use the internet without ad blockers and specially with the popups i am having ad block doesnot work

I even had popups on my phone.now when i reinstalled windows i made sure that i dont login to chrome so as to not sync cookies as well(not sure if this happens).

I seriously want to get rid of these annoying popups

i mostly get deleton.com website popups and sometimes Advancesearch and sometimes an IP address in the URL bar starting from 35.xxx. something.

Please help me guys.

Solution

takochako

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

What kind of phone do you have? Since you are even getting popups on your phone now, and Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, and Hitman Pro aren't working, the only thing I can think of (while unlikely) is DNS hijacking. Is the DNS server on your phone changed from your ISPs default server? If you can safely log into your router, I would check to make sure the DNS server isn't changed from what it's supposed to be. (It would be useful to know what the DNS server is currently set to and who your current ISP is.) Also, do the popups show up on your phone when you aren't on your WiFi? Sorry if this is poorly worded. If you need me to clarify anything just let me know!

PS: Try to change your DNS server to this: 208.67.222.222
This is the public DNS IP for OpenDNS. You can look it up if you want to confirm that it's theirs and safe. If you don't want to try theirs, here is a list of other public DNS servers. Public DNS server list on DuckDuckGo

If you set it to a different server and you stop seeing the popup ads, let me know so I can help you get rid of these annoying popups for good!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS