Help with Speedfan 4.40

Godlover1133

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Hey guys, just built a new computer and am running prime95 and using Speedfan to monitor. The problem is that everybody says they are getting into the 50C range when running prime and im only going at max to 39C. I'm running a Phenom 965 140watt at stock speed in a thermaltake spedo advanced with a Coolmaster V8. I know this is a great temperature but im not sure that its legit. Thanks for the help.

Solution
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum

What is your specific question? Yourself said, the temperature is great for your processor, the case is more that enough. Now, if you want know that is the normal temperature of the 965 at stock, well, is dificult, 'cause not all the people have the same specifications for the 965.

I have a 955 at stock with the stock heatsinks, my case is a Thermaltake V9 and the CPU's temperature is 44C, BUT my processor is 125W.

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum

What is your specific question? Yourself said, the temperature is great for your processor, the case is more that enough. Now, if you want know that is the normal temperature of the 965 at stock, well, is dificult, 'cause not all the people have the same specifications for the 965.

I have a 955 at stock with the stock heatsinks, my case is a Thermaltake V9 and the CPU's temperature is 44C, BUT my processor is 125W.

Solution

Godlover1133

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Yeah i figured it out. I guess i just thought i was was looking at the wrong Temperature or something because people were saying they were getting high temps. Downloaded AMD Overdrive and used the monitor off that as well in comparison. Thanks for the help though.