Solved! Help with Toshiba Satellite with no power!

Oct 17, 2019
Hello, I was hoping someone could offer some help with my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite C855-S5347.

It stopped powering on, so I just purchased a new AC adapter. It will not turn on with only AC power, and reseating the battery does not help at all either.

Some other posts online I saw said it could be the battery is completely discharged, and to leave it plugged in for a few hours and see if it comes on (even if no power lights are showing, they eventually will). That doesn't make much sense to me, it should power right on with just the AC power.

Prior, everything was tip-top. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Does the new power unit match with the original in all the Voltage and Amperage printed on the original?

If you can open up the case, check that the socket the power line fits is in tightly. Over the years, they can be pushed inwards or out of line.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Does the new power unit match with the original in all the Voltage and Amperage printed on the original?

If you can open up the case, check that the socket the power line fits is in tightly. Over the years, they can be pushed inwards or out of line.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
idotmatty Laptop Tech Support 0
nicole50119 Laptop Tech Support 0
Andy craepher Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 3
lexahrro Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 8
B Laptop Tech Support 3
GoogleThread25 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
chkontog Laptop Tech Support 0