Solved! help with windows 10 install

Nov 21, 2020
So here is what i have done!! I have an Acer Aspire 7739. It had windows 7. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. So I went to microsoft and made a windows 10 installation usb stick.
I also formatted the hard drive in the laptop. (which might have been my mistake)
Now when i turn the laptop on i get errors.
the image with the errors is here: https://ibb.co/RDWrTn1

Can anyone offer some insight into what and why this is happening?

Thanks

Solution
Go back to the Microsoft web site and download the media creation tool for Windows 10. Answer that you are making an install for another computer. This should produce a bootable USB. Check the BIOS to make sure USB is at the top of the boot order list. Boot from the USB stick and do a clean install (which should happen automatically).

If you copied the .iso file, that won't work without processing via Rufus or similar. It's easier to use the media creation tool. If you're lucky, MS will remember your windows install. Whether it will still let you upgrade from 7 to 10 for free, I can't answer.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
you are not clear on a few things.
  1. what is the full model number of your computer. You only gave the series.
  2. when are you getting the error message? when you are trying to boot to the usb drive to install or after the install? You may need to change the boot order if you are trying to install.
  3. where did you get your copy of win10? from microsoft or other?
As far as formating the harddrive, that could be a big mistake. If you still had win7 installed, there is a chance you would not have to pay for win10. Microsoft is no longer offering win10 for free, however if you downloaded your copy from microsoft, using their media creation kit, it might still be free.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

One other thing, not all computers can be updated to win10. Did you check your specific mode lat acers website to see if they had win10 drivers? If not, then there is a good chance win10 will not be stable on your computer.

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
So here is what i have done!! I have an Acer Aspire 7739. It had windows 7. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. So I went to microsoft and made a windows 10 installation usb stick.
I also formatted the hard drive in the laptop. (which might have been my mistake)
Now when i turn the laptop on i get errors.
the image with the errors is here: https://ibb.co/RDWrTn1

Can anyone offer some insight into what and why this is happening?

Thanks

From what i see you just need to ensure that the usb your using is bootable.

Go back to the Microsoft web site and download the media creation tool for Windows 10. Answer that you are making an install for another computer. This should produce a bootable USB. Check the BIOS to make sure USB is at the top of the boot order list. Boot from the USB stick and do a clean install (which should happen automatically).

If you copied the .iso file, that won't work without processing via Rufus or similar. It's easier to use the media creation tool. If you're lucky, MS will remember your windows install. Whether it will still let you upgrade from 7 to 10 for free, I can't answer.

Solution