Question Help with Yamaha YAS 108

Mar 26, 2019
I just bought a Yamaha YAS 108 soundbar and tried to hook it up to my Samsung smart TV 7000 series (UN55MU7000). I can't get any audio!

What's I've tried:
  • I enabled anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
  • I connected my HDMI 2.0 cable to the correct ARC ports on both the soundbar and the TV
  • I've played around with the TV audio outputs (PCM, Dolby, DTS)
  • I've tried connecting an Optical cable as well and switched my TV's audio output to optical...but still no sound
Things to note:
  • Soundbar works fine with Bluetooth devices.
  • I've occasionally gotten it to work as intended for short periods of time...but the moment I turn it off or accidentally mute it, I lose the connection
  • There's no option to disable my TV speakers
Super frustrated! Please help!

Sep 22, 2019
Had simula
I just bought a Yamaha YAS 108 soundbar and tried to hook it up to my Samsung smart TV 7000 series (UN55MU7000). I can't get any audio!

What's I've tried:
  • I enabled anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
  • I connected my HDMI 2.0 cable to the correct ARC ports on both the soundbar and the TV
  • I've played around with the TV audio outputs (PCM, Dolby, DTS)
  • I've tried connecting an Optical cable as well and switched my TV's audio output to optical...but still no sound
Things to note:
  • Soundbar works fine with Bluetooth devices.
  • I've occasionally gotten it to work as intended for short periods of time...but the moment I turn it off or accidentally mute it, I lose the connection
  • There's no option to disable my TV speakers
Super frustrated! Please help!
Had problem with Yamaha YAS 108 soundbar and no sound from sound bar if use remote no sound but if use touch pad and move through the input devices and touch 4 times to get back to the television it works but if change with remote to HDMI and change once to TV does not work. only works with the 4 touches.