HELP1111 Dragon Touch Y88X Plus Tablet Problems

kelly ohare

Commendable
May 21, 2016
I have Dell desktop PC running on XP. I have bought a Dragon Touch Y88X Plus brand new . All I want to do is connect to my PC and transfer apps and files to the tablet. The main reason being to transfer apps and programs for "text to speech" use for cancer sufferer to use tablet in public for communication purposes and of course files to this respect.
The problem is when I connect the tablet to my PC with the correct USB cable provided NOTHING happens. No recognition or sign of tablet or even the slightest glimmer of device attached. I have gone into settings on Y88X and then into STORAGE which gives total space and what is used and what is free etc. Last on list is USB storage with sub directories Mount USB Storage and Erase USB Storage both of which cannot be tapped int access. I have also tried PC new hardware on control panel and can install MPT device with its drivers which when I check on device manager states a CODE !) problem?. I have spent hours trying to get this to work. I am well aware I am new to tablets use etc but i seem to have tried all sorts I have found on net and set and reset tablet to details req,d and yet all seems to be to be no avail... The user manual that came with the new purchase is about as much use as a glass eye in a blackout and I have failed to find a much more comprehensive manual online with no effect. All I wanted was the main simple use as mentioned above I may as well of spent the money on monogrammed notepads and a nice fountain pen.I have even tried the same connection with friends laptop on win 7 with same results Even for a newbie DUMBO like me this should not be so hard. I might as well throw tablet in the river. It works only on wifi which should be no problem as I have contract with BT for wifi hotspots all over the world. Never has athing frustrated me so much!!!

Solution
Although it doesn't auto show the connection, have you tried opening up any folder on the computer and choosing the drive that it should be connecting through?

Also have you tried turning off the tablet ... plugging it into the computer while off... then turning it on? Strange as it sounds, sometimes that is the only way to get it to register the connection.

Lastly, are you sure your USB connection on the computer is actually the kind the tablet needs? Some USB ports are 2.0 and some are 3.0. Which your tablet needs will determine the type of port you need.
Although it doesn't auto show the connection, have you tried opening up any folder on the computer and choosing the drive that it should be connecting through?

Also have you tried turning off the tablet ... plugging it into the computer while off... then turning it on? Strange as it sounds, sometimes that is the only way to get it to register the connection.

Lastly, are you sure your USB connection on the computer is actually the kind the tablet needs? Some USB ports are 2.0 and some are 3.0. Which your tablet needs will determine the type of port you need.

Solution

Husni_Geek

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

go to www.android.com/filetransfer download it to your PC/Mac. You can transfer any files from there