Solved! Helpppp

Feb 4, 2021
I have a laptop and the screen doesn't work on it, so I'm trying to hook it up to my smart roku tv and nothing works. I've tried the HDMI to HDMI and the VGA to HDMI and nothing. Any help would be nice

Solution
Did you use the screen swap hotkeys on the laptop to send the output to the external display? Only the screen does not work, system turn on, lights go on, you can hear the Windows startup chime?

You can see if the system is on fully by connecting to the router setup page, check on what IP the laptop has and trying to connect remotely to it using another computer. If you can get a remote connection that will tell you the computer is actually working.
Did you use the screen swap hotkeys on the laptop to send the output to the external display? Only the screen does not work, system turn on, lights go on, you can hear the Windows startup chime?

You can see if the system is on fully by connecting to the router setup page, check on what IP the laptop has and trying to connect remotely to it using another computer. If you can get a remote connection that will tell you the computer is actually working.

Solution