Question Here's a corker. Toshiba early tablet / laptop still runs well. Screen question.

jackdashack

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2013
I have a Toshiba Laptop from the Jurassic age. Back then this XP machine was called a tablet. 2005 It had a rotating screen that would then fold back and you held it like a notebook, and it had a pen.

Mine still runs well. Well, as well as it did back then. I keep it watched with Advanced SystemRepair Premium Edition.

My question is did those early models come with a plastic protector across the screen that was to be removed? If so I'm flubbered! I feel something like a plastic cover, but it was always so intact that I thought it was part of the screen. Possibly it is. Is it? BUT, I have always felt that it had a blurry or dull appearance. I just thought, maybe this was protection for the pen? I no longer use a pen with it and wonder if this is removable can I remove it.

Is anyone there that old as to remember. lol Most you guys today were babies back in 2005!

Being light here but I am in question. Love to remove it if removable. Thanks jackdashack ";-Dx

jackdashack

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2013
What is the actual model of this relic? :p

Ha! Thanks for being kind and calling it a relic and not a piece of junk. Actually, besides the Win10 HP Desktop and Win10 Tablet I have several old XP's I keep going. I use a paid programs to keep the viruses, malware, etc off limits. I've made them mostly dedicated to one task and removed all else to free up memory the main mission. This one I used exclusively for Google Docs and Voice Typing. It works real well when I'm sitting and moving around.

It's Satellite R10/R15 Series. Well I scanned a photo and it doesn't appear that friendly. When I asked to "insert" and image it wanted an http:// address? I always look just to add an image from the desktop or folder. Well That didn't work maybe this.

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-R10-R15/open-computer-case-1.htm

jackdashack

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2013
What is the actual model of this relic? :p

If you get that image on the web link it's the one I have. It works as well, and as slow as it did the day I bought it. haha! Well maybe better. I've taken all the big programs off and things eating memory. So I don't know if that plastic can come off or not? Who knows? Everyone's dead that was alive when I bought it! :tonguewink: