Hi Friends, I have SONY E Series VPCEB24EN. I was working while working I just closed the laptop without sitting down, it was

1111giri1111

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Hi Friends, I have SONY E Series VPCEB24EN. I was working while working I just closed the laptop without sitting down, it was connected to power... (Usually I do this while take a break) after few min. I came back & try to reopen .... The fan starts & HDD spins (I can hear the sound) but in just a 2-3 Seconds it's getting off ... Display is not coming... I tried the technique if removeal of battery, hold the start button for a min. and tried to on without battery with power supply... It's not working can any techies can help me??? I want the machine back to working condition...

Machine Configuration:
i3-350M 2.26Ghz.
Windows 10
320 GB HDD, 3GB RAM

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

1111giri1111

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 1111giri1111 : "Laptop not getting on, NO DISPLAY, BIOS also not getting on,"

less than a minute ago
1111giri1111
Hi Friends, I have SONY E Series VPCEB24EN. I was working while working I just closed the laptop without sitting down, it was connected to power... (Usually I do this while take a break) after few min. I came back & try to reopen .... The fan starts & HDD spins (I can hear the sound) but in just a 2-3 Seconds it's getting off ... Display is not coming... I tried the technique if removeal of battery, hold the start button for a min. and tried to on without battery with power supply... It's not working can any techies can help me??? I want the machine back to working condition...

Machine Configuration:
i3-350M 2.26Ghz.
Windows 10
320 GB HDD, 3GB RAM

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution