Hi guys , I want to know should i put and antivirus system on my PC

naruto2324

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014
i want to know if should i put a anti virus system on my PC , cause some guys told me that more affects the pc then protects .

Does your computer connect with any other computer in the world?
Is there even the remotest possibility that anyone else in the world could sit down at your computer?

If you answered, "Yes" to either of these questions, you should install some sort of anti-virus program.

-Wolf sends

Woody1999

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
avast! is a very low invasive but powerful antivirus program. I've always used that on my PCs. Try and avoid Norton, AVG, or any anti virus software that doesn't look particularly legitimate.

Woody

Woody1999

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
There's nothing wrong with AVG, I just found it to hog system resources, constantly give annoying popups even when you supposedly turn them off, and generally be a pain in the posterior.

When you only have 4GB of RAM to share between every program on your computer then you have to really manage what programs you use.

Woody

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
avast is a great free antivirus.the thing to remember is that there is no one program that will protect your computer.a "layered" approach is your best bet. i personally use avast as my av along with malwarebytes (the paid version) and malwarebytes antiexploit (free).the last thing to use in any antimalware regimine is common sense.