Hidden audio file

mj323

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hello,
i have a hidden audio file that says random things on a loop. i feel it was put on there by someone else that had access to the laptop. The voice is the same as the windows audio man. i need it to be gone!

G

I'd start with Windows search looking for audio files in common formats WAV MP3 etc

Also there must be something running which triggers it -- download EasyCleaner (free) and let it look for rogue startups.

However you may have to switch to a Command Prompt to unhide and delete it.

Personally if I had a suspect I'd follow them around repeating the phrase endlessly until they break down and confess to the file's name and where it is.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
What does the audio file say, and in what situations does the audio file play?

If it starts up with Windows (or OS-X or Linux or w/e), then check your start-up programs to see if anything's going on.

Start > Run > "msconfig" > Startup Tab and see if anything looks weird (google them to see if they're good or bad)

mj323

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Plays randomly whenever laptop is on...no matter what program I am running. Says "Hey" Later it says "I can hear you, can you hear me?" Later "Is this the church?" (It is a church laptop I use for overhead presentations) Later, A LOUD SCREAM.....on and on. I've searched everywhere, deleted the microsoft voice program for the blind???