Hideo Kojima Reveals the Phantom Pain is Metal Gear Solid 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Runs on PC, so PS4 only, no PS3 version?

[citation][nom]rmpumper[/nom]Kojima said that the demo is running on PC. Why aren't they planning to release the game on PC then?[/citation]
Well, not to lose PS exclusiveness. Halo would also have no problem running on PC.

[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]One of the best game series of all time, so excited for this.[/citation]
Game may be good but I'm struggling to make any sense of its title. Could some native English speaker elaborate please.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]One of the best game series of all time, so excited for this.[/citation]
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Game may be good but I'm struggling to make any sense of its title. Could some native English speaker elaborate please.[/citation]

Maybe this will help you. On March 27, 2013 at GDC 2013, Kojima officially confirmed that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain were one and the same, and that the final title was going to be Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

In other words the full title of the new Metal Gear game is going to be called "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain".

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Runs on PC, so PS4 only, no PS3 version?Well, not to lose PS exclusiveness. Halo would also have no problem running on PC.Game may be good but I'm struggling to make any sense of its title. Could some native English speaker elaborate please.[/citation]

Well to elaborate on the name - when someone loses a limb (arm, leg, etc.) and they feel random sensations in it, it is called phantom pain.

The name is a play on that as Big Boss (main character) lost his arm (as you can see near the end of the trailer with a robotic arm).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_limb More details on phantom limb

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Runs on PC, so PS4 only, no PS3 version?Well, not to lose PS exclusiveness. Halo would also have no problem running on PC.Game may be good but I'm struggling to make any sense of its title. Could some native English speaker elaborate please.[/citation]

when you lose a limb, some people still feel pain in that limb.
there an an intresting experiment you can do that involves boxes and a fake limb, where you trick your mind into thinking your hand is there but it isnt, poke the fake hand and still feel it in your real hand, appart form loseing your limbs its as close as you will get to feeling real phantom pain.

abeljohn325

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
@Loise, you create $27h...good for you! I compose to $85h engaging from home. My story is that I quit engaging at shoprite to figure on-line and with to a small degree effort I simply herald around $45h to $85h…heres an honest example of what i am doing, www.hdcash1.com

Status
Not open for further replies.