Solved! High CPU with ActiveBridge

Aug 31, 2020
Wondering if anybody else has seen this issue. IOLO (who are being a complete waste of time) are telling me that despite sales of millions of copies of their System Mechanic, I am the ONLY person on earth who has this issue. Yeah, likely!

I have the latest version of System Mechanic installed (at their suggestion, assuring me it would fix the issue). I keep finding (several times a day) ActiveBridge consuming around 30% of my CPU. I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest fixes. If I kill off ActiveBridge, nothing complains and no issues are observed Plus my system runs a whole lot better of course. Much cooler, less fan noise, more responsive just as you would imagine with a CPU hog being killed. Problem is, later that day I ear the fan killing itself and on checking ActiveBridge is back being a nusiance.

Anybody else seen this or am I really the only person to be affected?

Thanks for any assistance,
Jon....

Aug 31, 2020
Have you scanned your system for malware recently? If so, with what application?
Have you scanned your system for malware recently? If so, with what application?
Thanks for your rapid response Colgeek, I have run Malware Killer which is part of System Mechanic although I am not convinced that it does much good. It always finds the same six issues and then says "no further action required" as if it has dealt with them. If they had been dealt with then they shouldn't show up on each scan surely!

Aug 31, 2020
I just wanted to thank you again Colgeek, it's been 2 or 3 days now and not once have I even seen ActiveBridge running let alone stuck consuming loads of CPU! It's a pity Iolo support isn't anywhere near as good as the help you get here!