Solved! High Density Memory on Intel based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2019
I have a Lenovo H330 Desktop (I know this forum states Laptop but can't find a desktop equivalent and the question could apply to a laptop too)

The H330 is specified to take PC3-10600 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM (though faster also works) however when trying to buy I often find sellers of this module type specify AMD only and the H330 is Intel.

The AMD only specification is due to chip density and was a restriction for DDR2 and DDR3 for early Intel models.

The H330 is specified to take up-to 4GB ram sticks, but in reality it can actually take at least 8GB sticks (not sure what the limit would be) so I`m wondering if it has a wider acceptance window.

My question is can the H330 take high density DDR3 RAM, or is it an early Intel variant that cannot or is there a way to tell when an Intel based board can or cannot accept high density memory sticks.

I have tried to ask this question at the Lenovo Forum, but but seems new posts are not allowed there anymore!!

Jun 27, 2019
Thanks

Clearly official memory suppliers will only specify in accordance with a manufacturers listing.

However I have borrowed and fitted a 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz DIMM CL11 PC3-12800U ( Integral in3t8gnajki ) and it works so much better with it, so I wish to buy a pair of 8GB stick to fit, but am on a very tight budget and the AMD variants are cheaper, for obvious reasons, hence my wish to find out what options are available before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.