High-end / flagship Android phone suggestion please

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Hi all.
Looking for a high end Android that can do this. What you think will be the "ship of the line" ?
Any specific Android version or CPU/Chipset to look for?
4-5 inch please. Under $1000 unlocked.
Thanks!
If my requirements are too demanding, then just tell me your favorate phone please.

Desktop like browsing, GPS maps, 3D games, media playback, camera with LED flash, etc.

the only thing that i would consider an android flagship model is the nexusone. that said, there are other phones out there to consider.

i currently use a droid incredible and overall its a pretty nice and snappy phone. the droid incredible 2 also appears to be in line with the first.

what to look out for? i heard that they were revamping the snapdragon processor (dual core??) and that it will be more powerful yet save on battery. i havent heard about anything released yet that has the battery but i might have missed it.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Nexus is made by Google, or at list when a new update is out, the nexus get's it. The rest of the mobile market has to do it's own changes to the software to get the update. So nexus phones get direct Google service.

But, Samsung Galaxy S II is the best, most advanced and has the best screen right now. Don't buy anything from LG, they have quality problems and chose to ignore it. In US there is a low suit against the company because they chose not to repair their defective high end phones.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
thanks for the posts!

I didn't look at the nexusone yet, but the Galaxy S2 looks exactly like what I was looking for.
1 gig RAM? that blows my N97 away and the N97 was supposed to be a flagship phone. Instead it has a good mobile browser rather than a desktop browser. Games? Forget it.

The S2 also has A/V out and skype video calling. Wanted that also, but afraid to make my requirements too demanding.