High Performance Graphic Usage

Jan 17, 2019
my older laptop is dead because someday I used it to play some old game (not a heavy one), and after a few hours when I restart the laptop it doesnt turn on anymore.Sooo for about 9 years of my laptop life-span I finally gave up and buy a new one, my new laptop have a dual graphic,Intel HD-something and Nvidia Geforce 930MX. Is there any side effect if I often used the higher one? for example,does it affect my laptop life-span or something?thanks in advance.

Solution

Yes the more you use something the more likely it is to break, that's a pretty standard rule for anything.
If you use the higher one, meaning the nVidia card? In theory the more heat and power your system uses the more likely it is to fail. But it is a bit silly to get a system with a video card then not use the card. This is a "New" laptop or used? The 930MX graphic chip is 3 years old now.

Jan 17, 2019

yes I mean the nVidia card. so Basically if I used it more often,for example for gaming it will decrease my laptop life-span faster?
Actually it's the "new" laptop,that's the one that I can afford lol

Yes the more you use something the more likely it is to break, that's a pretty standard rule for anything.

Solution
Jan 17, 2019

ok then,thanks for the answer!