ho to install non compatible graphics but i have nvidia

bhengumndeni9

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
i have a Nvidia GeForce 320M graphics card but i need the GeForce 900MX, i can install it but its not compatible why?

Solution
Basically, the answer is no. The Geforce 320m would be soldered into the motherboard because it is a low end graphics chip.

Wolfshadw mentioned MXM which are basically like graphics cards for laptop. However, only specific gaming laptop models have them and they cost at least $1,400. MXM format graphic cards tends to be pretty expensive (easily at least $200) and they only make them for higher end graphic chips. The 940mx is a low end GPU and a MXM version was never manufactured. These chips are soldered into the motherboard.

Basically, the answer is no. The Geforce 320m would be soldered into the motherboard because it is a low end graphics chip.

Wolfshadw mentioned MXM which are basically like graphics cards for laptop. However, only specific gaming laptop models have them and they cost at least $1,400. MXM format graphic cards tends to be pretty expensive (easily at least $200) and they only make them for higher end graphic chips. The 940mx is a low end GPU and a MXM version was never manufactured. These chips are soldered into the motherboard.

Solution