Holiday Guide: Gear For Every Gamer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]Can we agree to dress Jane up next year? Nothing wrong with using an "in-house" model, I remember Sarah was awesome.[/citation]

I can dress myself, thank you very much!

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]wow you are kind of pathetic, actually beyond kind to fully pathetic. if staring at girls on the web gets your jollies and makes you feel "wanted"...to each their own. im sure the girls at the strip club think your great too...when you drop your weekly paycheck to touch them...[/citation]
I wrote this article, so when you call this guide the worst thing that we (Tom's) does every year, my defense of it has more to do with the writing and less to do with the models that we hired. Regardless, you're criticism is just as bad as the objectification done by other users; either way, you are putting the models that we hired down. The three models that we hired do this for a living, so in the end I think they can deal with "complimentary" posts like "I'll take the blond on the drums" better than you calling them the worst.

If the photos really do bother you that much, then just scroll down each page until you can't see them anymore...or feel free not to come back if you're going to be such a troll.

-Devin

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
[citation][nom]dconnors[/nom]...you're criticism is just as bad as the objectification done by other users[/citation]
I'm with you, buddy. It's a sad day when a tech site can't hire good-looking young ladies to put on tiny mini dresses and hold up products that they probably never have seen before so you could present a completely innocent article on gadgets that would appeal to mostly nerdy young men without a few bad apples getting the wrong ide- I'm sorry, what was the idea again?

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
wow 90 pct of this is more of an xbox gamer magazine if it wasn't for the girls showing their warez i wouldn't have made it past the first agonizing page. severly disappointed. the products displayed are so small the words next to them seem gigantic, i can't even tell there is a product in the picture or what it is. "oh well there is always the toys for tots presented with ta-tas at the nuddy bar."~Al Bundy.

btw Kevin promised us some pictures of jane modeling something for lack of a pic in an article a few days ago. i had suggested having Jane model/sport the new $80 8gb sony walkman mp3/mp4 player since they had nothing in the holiday guide round up. SO KEV, where's our picture?!@#$%XD

lmaoomfgbbq

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/05/splitfish-fragfx-shark-extended-hands-on-good-for-call-of-duty/

Engadget did a review on this product and it failed miserably. If you look all over splitfish's site they want to avoid this reputable review like the plague. BEWARE splitfish business practices...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgjKpm2JU4g Here you can see it failing in diagonal movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.