Hollywood: Next iPad Screen Will Be Fully 3D

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Huh? What ARE YOU talking about? [/citation]

I think he meant that when other tablet makers pull their heads out of their collective asses and don't try to charge twice as much for half the hardware, Apple will start to feel the pinch. Yes, current high-end android tablets are stupidly overpriced, but eventually, the market should regulate itself. Of course, some people are suggesting there is no tablet market, only an iPad market. In which case, Apple will be happily pumping-out iPads, and most of the world just won't care.

G

Yay 3D! But... the question really bugging me is... when are they finally going to add stereo sound to the damn iPad / iPad2? The single speaker just isn't cutting it.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Huh? What ARE YOU talking about? iPad starts at $480, XOOM starts at $600 Playbook at $500... with a much smaller 7" screen vs 10" on the iPad. And the RIM Playbook is still pretty much beta-software with NO email or contact. When the GalaxyTab hit the market with its 7" screen, it was $600! After iPad2 hits the street - its reduced to $450.They are STILL selling out of iPad2s when there are PLENTY of Galaxies, Xooms, sitting on the shelves. But, looks like Asus' Transformer tablet is actually selling well at $400. (Sold out at BestBuy).When you compare Android phones to the iPhone, keep in mind this fact: There is only 1 company, Apple that makes and sells iPhones. While there are at least 10+ companies selling Android Phones.As an owner of a Samsung Galaxy and an iPad... I'd say the support and function of Android and Samsung is... behind. Android does some pretty stupid crap. Its Swipe/touch sometimes doesn't work when it should... great screen and great looks is about it.I will NEVER buy another Samsung phone again.[/citation]

Then don't buy any Apple products since most of the hardware inside them are SAMSUNG devices.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Say the crysis thing, you know, about the can, and playing, while you are being soooo original.Ugh.. brain bleeding from stupidity.. See above statement.+20. Apple is doing a fantastic job. Whether or not the tablet thing is just a fad.. It wouldn't be what it is today without Apple. Neither would the smartphone market. Apple is a game changer, whether some of you idiots want to man up and acknowledge it. But that's asking far too much of PC elitists.[/citation]

Apple is a game changer. They changed the game with the initial release of the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Then they spend the rest of the time trying to play catch up with the rest of the crowd. Apple has a rather poor development cycle and will never be able to keep up with the rest.

iDevices had good hardware in them. Each release since then has shown no new innovation or implementation considered mid-grade for the rest of the market.

The iOS has had no innovation what so ever. User say it is a smooth, innovative interface. What was so innovative? Everything that the iOS could do was done elsewhere first.

Just face it, Apple is a fad. They were a fad in the PC industry, market share is showing they are a fad in the smartphone industry, and they will follow suit shortly with the tablets. It is how Apple operates. They make one big move and ride it until its sweet oblivion.

allrock

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
why is everyone so set aganst 3D glasses they have one big advantage over most autostereoscopic displays you can view the display from many angles most autostereoscopic displys also prevent using the tilt sensors for games and navagation and cant display full detail in 3D due to the way paralax barrier displays work.

G

ew i sure as hell hope they don't make it 3D, or at least make and ipad 3D and the option of no 3D. I just don't want nor do i need it, it is absolutely not necessary, if i want to watch something in 3D i can get up off my ass and go to the movie theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.