Home Media Sharing

FuturamaPhill

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Im looking for the best way to share media on my home network. I'm looking for a media sharing soloution for my home that doesnt require use of the internet. I will basically have a PC that is full of media and i want to share it as many as my other devices as possible(such as iPhone Samsung phone other PCs possible PS4/Xbox One and chromecast).

Is their anyone who already has this and can recommend some software or a setup that they have?

Solution
I've got a 4 drive QNAP NAS sitting in the loft connected to the house network.

From there everyone can stream to any device on the network, wifi or wired via the built in DLNA server

Nijinski

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I've got a 4 drive QNAP NAS sitting in the loft connected to the house network.

From there everyone can stream to any device on the network, wifi or wired via the built in DLNA server

Solution

FuturamaPhill

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Just FYI I am looking at Kodi as a possible solution, This seems to be the best all in one. I can create my own media libary and share it across all devices and it has multiple add-ons that allow you to stream TV Shows, Movies, Sports etc...

Its available on pretty much all devices which is what I was looking for. Thanks for the recommendations :)

FuturamaPhill

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015

I will essentially be doing the same thing, Instead of buying a NAS I have an old PC that I am going to put a couple of 1TB drives into and use that as a media server in my loft.