Solved! Home Network Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2019
Hello, I am trying to find a network monitoring tool for use in the home. As my home network gets more complicated, I am trying to find tools to help me. I have found a variety of tools, but all for business and reasonably difficult to setup. So my network started with a modem and a computer, then 2 computers but now include 4 computers, a number of printers, TV's and entertainment systems, a few raspberry pi, chrome casts, google assist, phillips hue and any number of tablets, mobile phones etc. plus a couple of switches and a wireless access point. This is a lot of devices to keep track of. Any suggestion of tools that might help me. To begin with a map of all the devices in my network would be useful. Thanks

Solution
Get yourself a Fingbox - I have one monitoring a total of 32 devices on my home network at any one time and can highly recommend.

See here:

https://www.fing.com/products/fingbox

You may also like to look into the Fing app available for Apple and Android which is free but you will not get all of the same functionality as you would with the app AND a Fingbox.

Furthermore ... and quite unfortunately, unless you are on Android (as I am now) you will not have the ability to identify devices on your network via their known MAC address as Apple blocked third-party developer access to MAC addresses with the release of iOS 11.

Hence ... Fing and other networking tools which used to have the ability to assist the user by displaying...

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Get yourself a Fingbox - I have one monitoring a total of 32 devices on my home network at any one time and can highly recommend.

See here:

https://www.fing.com/products/fingbox

You may also like to look into the Fing app available for Apple and Android which is free but you will not get all of the same functionality as you would with the app AND a Fingbox.

Furthermore ... and quite unfortunately, unless you are on Android (as I am now) you will not have the ability to identify devices on your network via their known MAC address as Apple blocked third-party developer access to MAC addresses with the release of iOS 11.

Hence ... Fing and other networking tools which used to have the ability to assist the user by displaying device/s MAC/s no longer have this capability on Apple phones and tablets.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.