Home theater it tv issues

Graham_26

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
Ok so I picked up a Phillips home theater set up off of letgo, and i have a lg non smart tv and I am trying to connect the reciever to the tv using red and white aux cables but I can't get the tv to switch to those audio settings, any help?

Solution
No makes and model numbers no exact answer.
I will guess that you connected an audio input on the TV to the audio input on the HTS.
You would need an analog audio or headphone OUTPUTt on the TV which I don't think you have. It probably has an optical digital audio output. If so you will need to set the TV to output in PCM stereo, connect an optical to analog converter with a Toslink cable to the TV. Connect the DAC to the HTS with a standard RCA stereo cable. Set the HTS to a surround mode for a 2 channel input.

USAFRet

Illustrious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Graham_26 : "Home theater it tv issues"

No makes and model numbers no exact answer.
I will guess that you connected an audio input on the TV to the audio input on the HTS.
You would need an analog audio or headphone OUTPUTt on the TV which I don't think you have. It probably has an optical digital audio output. If so you will need to set the TV to output in PCM stereo, connect an optical to analog converter with a Toslink cable to the TV. Connect the DAC to the HTS with a standard RCA stereo cable. Set the HTS to a surround mode for a 2 channel input.

Solution