Homeland Backs Suspicious Activity Reporting iOS, Android App

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I noticed holes dug next to my driveway. Fearing a roadside IED planting in progress, I took pictures and reported the culprit to HS. With domestic and foreign terrorist plots everywhere you can't even trust a dog anymore.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
The bad news is that this app could be a handy tool for angry ex-spouses who feel the need for retaliation, and can do so anonymously.

Multi-million dollar retaliation lawsuit for libel due to "emotional damages" in three... two... one...

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I tried to report Nigerian Email Scammers to the DoHS. No response. 5 years later and I'm still waiting. Of course I was never scammed by them. But the email they sent out was obviously terroristic in nature.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Does anyone else see this as a horrible idea? There needs to be plain and clear warnings for these applications that users CAN NOT anonymously post data, require verified registration, and that if they are found using an application like this for nefarious reasons they will be held liable.

Sorry, but I don't trust the television raised babies that compromise most young American adults right now to not use this as a spite/revenge tool. Call me jaded, but there are just as many ef'd up people in the world as there are nice ones.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Really?
We already have leftzingers frickin calling in fake S.W.A.T. Team attacks on people that speak out about them... and yet we need this?

G

Governments in the US have a name for anyone who floods their courts or government offices with paperwork asking too many questions or making too many statements not in line with "just pay us" and "the party line": They call them "Paper Terrorists". Yep--mere PAPER is terror to them. So now, get busy and report that agency that is behind all those Form W2 and 1099, 1040 paper terrorism forms. April 15th is like 911--a day the terrorists rule.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]I tried to report Nigerian Email Scammers to the DoHS. No response. 5 years later and I'm still waiting. Of course I was never scammed by them. But the email they sent out was obviously terroristic in nature.[/citation]

Really? Scam? Can't be !
I just received an email from the FBI telling me they have my money ready for delivery.
All I have to do is pay the delivery fee.

:)

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
This country is becoming extremely paranoiac.... i wish something actually happens so we can actually USE the weapons we have and not stockpile them.... a few hydrogen bombs here and there wouldn't hurt... specially for controlling the amount of people living in this world.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
[citation][nom]cdburner5911[/nom]Kind off subject, but the AR-15 is not an assault rifle...[/citation]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the AR-15 is an assault rifle. The term "assault rifle" is a loose term referring to any rifle with selective fire (with fully automatic or burst capability) that has a detatchable magazine.

techtate

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]dalmvern[/nom]Sorry to burst your bubble, but the AR-15 is an assault rifle. The term "assault rifle" is a loose term referring to any rifle with selective fire (with fully automatic or burst capability) that has a detatchable magazine.[/citation]
The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a selective fire assault rifle for the United States armed forces. Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 design to Colt. The select-fire AR-15 entered the US military system as the M16 rifle. Colt then marketed the Colt AR-15 as a semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle for civilian sales in 1963.[8] The name "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark, which refers only to the semi-automatic rifle.

Sooo... about that "bubble"

G

1984, George Orwell. Apple is bigbrodering you, turning everyone in "proletas".

Status
Not open for further replies.