Hotfile Sues Warner Bros Over Abuse of Anti-Piracy Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Good on you Hotfile, sue the scum. It's about time someone with the financial means kicked the movie and music industry lobbies in the teeth. I still want to know what is happenning with google after they supposidly downloaded a film using bittorent from thier headquarters. Im guessing the MPAA didn't have the guts to see Google in court because Google would have chewed off thier balls and stomped all over them.

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
hahaha. I love it when stories like these come up. Reminds me of that one story where they sued some game company for piracy. Makes my day...

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Wow, a movie studio acting illegally and hypocritical? Never would have expected that.

If they are doing this in environment where they can get caught, imagine what they might be doing elsewhere on the web.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
take the suit to them for 3 times the damages warner brother did to hotfile as malicious revenge and make the mpaa scared as f' to mess with anything other then what they own.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]SmileyTPB1[/nom]Wow, a movie studio acting illegally and hypocritical? Never would have expected that.If they are doing this in environment where they can get caught, imagine what they might be doing elsewhere on the web.[/citation]
They are the greediest among all media. I have not one trace of doubt that they abused their powers.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I don't get why they would even bother wasting their time filing a DMCA against something like that. Also filing such a thing is not only punishable in civil court but it can be taken to criminal as well. The person/s responsible committed as act of perjury it would be no different than lying under oath in court. People have gone to jail for this. Warner Bros will be 100% required to answer who exactly was a part of the filing of the DMCA if asked.

I say send some bastard/s to jail that will hit much harder than a lawsuit and will make them think twice. If it happened to be one of their lawyers he will even get disbarred. This will dramatically change how big business files false DMCA's on those smaller than them.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
+1 @NuclearShadow. It's time that the courts stop letting people hide behind the names of corporations when those people commit illegal acts. If we can say, "Guns don't kill people; people kill people," then we can also say, "Corporations don't commit illegal acts. People (at corporations) commit illegal acts."

Do this, and all of a sudden that job as a telescammer / used-car-fraudman / insurance claims processor / etc. starts to look a lot less enticing.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Teramedia[/nom]+1 @NuclearShadow. It's time that the courts stop letting people hide behind the names of corporations when those people commit illegal acts. If we can say, "Guns don't kill people; people kill people," then we can also say, "Corporations don't commit illegal acts. People (at corporations) commit illegal acts."Do this, and all of a sudden that job as a telescammer / used-car-fraudman / insurance claims processor / etc. starts to look a lot less enticing.[/citation]

Lord wouldn't that be nice.. I specifically hate when they hide behind the curtain of the coporation after they committed something bad, possibly illegal, and make a public statement saying "I take full responsiblity for my *blah blah blah*", and yet then resign, with pay/bonuses, and still don't take a hit, as the company still has to take the burden as it was performed "on shift". Screw that. Stop looking at companies, and the like, as completely autonomous legal entities as a broad rule. Their should be a procedure for taking that blanket protection away from some people, and then making their life hell for what their selfish, illegal, or dubious actions of self-interest have inflicted upon the innocent, and the masses.

Also, plain and simple... Screw the DMCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.