Solved! How can I add a flash drive port to my Yamaha AV HTR -5950 receiver?

Feb 8, 2022
I want to play music from a flash drive through my Yamaha receiver which initially does not have a flash drive port. Can I purchase some sort of portable flash drive port to hook up to this receiver?
Thank you

Solution
No you can't. It's not just a port for the flash drive you need connected to it, the receiver needs the software to be able to know what to do with it. If it does not have external drive media capability you can't use that media.

It does have bluetooth and aux in though, so anything with those connections you can play music to it from there. Say a phone, PC, portable media player with 3.5 mm audio out or bluetooth, etc...
No you can't. It's not just a port for the flash drive you need connected to it, the receiver needs the software to be able to know what to do with it. If it does not have external drive media capability you can't use that media.

It does have bluetooth and aux in though, so anything with those connections you can play music to it from there. Say a phone, PC, portable media player with 3.5 mm audio out or bluetooth, etc...

Solution