Solved! how can i connect Bose Companion 5 and Bose Companion 20 to my laptop?

Yousaf-sethi

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
i bought companion 5 after companion 20's. and now i have both of them. is it possible to connect them both to my computer?

Then not without using something like Virtual Audio Cable program to allow dual audio output streams to different devices. Not really sure if you will gain anything by running both speakers at once. You will have some messed up stereo separation if you run all 4 speakers.

Yousaf-sethi

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

Hi!! thanks for your comment. i would like to use comapanion 20's as the rear speakers and use companion 5 as front, center and bass. For better surround sound system. Here's an example of what i wanna do ... but he connected bose companion 3 with companion 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6fdVuyzb_k

And does your sound card have independent front/rear ports you can use? Either way, you would need to get 3.5mm connectors for that.

Yousaf-sethi

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

Hey! No my laptop doesnt.. but i could buy a usb sound card. as the guy in the video did.. but am not sure if my sound card and companion 5 will work at the same time as both of them are gonna use USB connection .