How can I connect HTS 3366Philips speakers to amplifier

Feb 19, 2018
I am Ramanujam and my Philips Home theatre HTS3366 is not working and no spares available in markets. How can I use those speakers at least.

Solution
Looking at the specs of those speakers, the satellites are 3-ohm and the center channel and sub are 6-ohm - typical AIO sadly. Most AVRs these days can do 4-ohm ~ 8-ohm no problem, so if I was going to connect up those to an Onkyo TX-SR373 it may be best to pair the satellites and wire them in series, and use them as your main speakers and it should match the center channel pretty well. Then get a cheap pair of satellites for the surround speakers, and adjust all the individual speaker levels as needed.

For an example of wiring speakers in series, see Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring@amplifiedparts under "Example 2: Series Wiring".

So you would have the L and R channel connected to one small speaker and one big...
Looking at the specs of those speakers, the satellites are 3-ohm and the center channel and sub are 6-ohm - typical AIO sadly. Most AVRs these days can do 4-ohm ~ 8-ohm no problem, so if I was going to connect up those to an Onkyo TX-SR373 it may be best to pair the satellites and wire them in series, and use them as your main speakers and it should match the center channel pretty well. Then get a cheap pair of satellites for the surround speakers, and adjust all the individual speaker levels as needed.

For an example of wiring speakers in series, see Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring@amplifiedparts under "Example 2: Series Wiring".

So you would have the L and R channel connected to one small speaker and one big speaker in series, the center channel connected to the center channel as normal - and the sub may need an amp since most AVRs only have an LFE output... In which case you can get something like this Dayton Audio SA70, or do what I did with my BSR 15" passive sub, is use a car amplifier powered by an old PC power supply.

Solution