How can I fix my laptop. The screen is fully Black and won’t come on at all

Apr 11, 2018
My toshiba laptop won’t come on at all as the screen is black although there is a red lift glowing on the side of the laptop when in put it on. How can I get my laptop to come on again

Remove the battery, remove the power adapter, try to turn it on. It wont, but it will discharge internal circuits.

Plug the power adapter only, try again. If you have spare power adapter, try it as well.

If all this fails - bring it to service shop. You cannot do much else without some tools, or spares. If you are going to discard it, keep the hard drive, it is probably OK.

Remove the battery, remove the power adapter, try to turn it on. It wont, but it will discharge internal circuits.

Plug the power adapter only, try again. If you have spare power adapter, try it as well.

If all this fails - bring it to service shop. You cannot do much else without some tools, or spares. If you are going to discard it, keep the hard drive, it is probably OK.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chocket Laptop Tech Support 2
akaishinobi20 Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
John21903 Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 0
plasmadiver Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1