Question How Can I Improve Abysmal Laptop Performance

Jul 6, 2022
Hi,

I have a HP pavilion laptop the model is 15-da0598sa according to the back. It's not that old, maybe 2 years (I inherited from my parents after they lost patience with it) and I know it only has an i3 processor but it is so diabolically slow to do anything whatsoever. When I open any application, even a web or file browser it takes as long as 4+ minutes sometimes before I can actually use the app etc. I only use fairly basic software,I don't use it for gaming, etc. I'm a radio amateur and SDR software and other ham radio software is all I want to use the laptop for. The laptop is well within the spec necessary to run the software I want to use but like I say it's painfully slow. Basically I'm after any advice regarding what I can do to get the machine to work well enough that I don't pull my hair out every time I try to be used it. It has 4gb ram currently, but can take a maximum of 16gb, would this likely solve the problem? It currently only has a HDD would replacing for a solid state drive do the job? I don't really want to invest in RAM and a new hard disc if it would be throwing good money after bad, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Owen

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AleHp Laptop Tech Support 0
Shadowz21ro Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 3