How can i recover my formatted HP laptop without loosing any of my files

Solution
There are several recovery tools you can buy. You will then need to connect the internal HD to another PC as a secondary (not boot) disk. Ideally you would recover the files to a folder on this PC not recover them in-place. Or you can build a bootable USB disk, but that means you will almost certainly have to recover in place.

I've tried Easus and Recuva. They work about equally well at recovering data; however a high percentage of the files were not readable with both of these tools. PhotoRec seems to do a better job at recovering photos but the names were random.

bjornl

Estimable
There are several recovery tools you can buy. You will then need to connect the internal HD to another PC as a secondary (not boot) disk. Ideally you would recover the files to a folder on this PC not recover them in-place. Or you can build a bootable USB disk, but that means you will almost certainly have to recover in place.

I've tried Easus and Recuva. They work about equally well at recovering data; however a high percentage of the files were not readable with both of these tools. PhotoRec seems to do a better job at recovering photos but the names were random.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS