Question How can I restore BAK files into Android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2016new

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hello,

My old cell phone has created BAK files for backing up the phone system and data like calls, messages, blocked number, etc.. I have saved the files on my desktop. How can restore the data in those files into new Android phone ??

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Hello,

My old cell phone has created BAK files for backing up the phone system and data like calls, messages, blocked number, etc.. I have saved the files on my desktop. How can restore the data in those files into new Android phone ??

What type of phone was your old phone?

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
It was Xiaomi Redminote 5 and it's dead now. It had MIUI OS which was a sort of modification of the Android OS.

Did you purchase another Xiaomi phone or one running MIUI? If not, the backup files are tedious to work with and likely won't work.

y2016new

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Did you purchase another Xiaomi phone or one running MIUI? If not, the backup files are tedious to work with and likely won't work.
No. I purchased Google Pixel 3 which has now Android 12. I was looking to convert them into VCF files, but I don't find any software doing it.

akai331

Estimable
Jan 4, 2019
No. I purchased Google Pixel 3 which has now Android 12. I was looking to convert them into VCF files, but I don't find any software doing it.
Converting your contacts on a Google Pixel 3 running Android 12 into VCF (vCard) files is relatively straightforward. However, there is no need for additional software, as the built-in functionality of the device allows you to export contacts as VCF files. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open the Contacts app on your Google Pixel 3.
  2. Tap on the menu icon (usually represented by three horizontal lines or dots) to open the menu options.
  3. In the menu, look for an option like "Import/Export" or "Manage Contacts." The specific wording may vary depending on the version of Android.
  4. Tap on the import/export option, and you should see a list of available export formats.
  5. Select the option to export your contacts as VCF files. It might be labeled as "Export to .vcf" or "Export vCard."
  6. Choose the contacts you want to export. You can typically select individual contacts or choose to export all contacts.
  7. After selecting the contacts, tap on the "Export" or "Save" button. You may be prompted to choose a storage location such as internal storage or an SD card.
  8. Specify the storage location for the exported VCF file and confirm the export process.
Once the export is complete, the VCF file(s) will be saved to the chosen location on your device's storage. You can transfer these files to another device or use them with various contact management software or services that support VCF files.

Remember to store the exported VCF files in a safe location, such as cloud storage or your computer, to ensure you don't lose them.

lata chaudhary

Banned
BANNED
May 1, 2023
BAK files, also known as backup files, typically contain a backup copy of data or settings from an application or system. Here are a few common scenarios ...
1. Log in to the Google Account on Your Phone. Go to Google Drive and log in to the Google account you used to back up your Android data.
2. Restore Your Android Phone. ...
3. Check Out the Data You Restore on Your Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.