Question How could I get Alexa to run Siri shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2022
Hello

I currently have my home setup with everything running via Alexa, either running everything via voice or time, however there is one thing that is not setup for alexa to run, my PC. I have managed to get Wake on Lan setup with Siri shortcuts using WoloW.

Everything is working perfectly at the moment, except, I sometimes fall asleep before I turn off my PC, my TV is the screen I am using for the PC, as well as normal TV, Smart TV, Sky TV, Xbox... etc so, I have all of these switch off at a certain time, and I have done this via siri, but siri never works as I have to unlock and tap the notification to enable the shortcut to run.

I am just after something, that will ask, at say 1am, am I still awake for example, and then I can reply, if no reply I can then have alexa to turn everything off, if I reply I am awake and she can ask again in 30 mins. I have not set up any of this yet, I hope I am correct in thinking that Alexa can do this. If not, just a simple turn off, is good with me.

So, I have asked the guy who wrote the software etc for WoloW about running this via Alexa and I can't remember what he said, but basically it isn't coming to alexa.

So, all I need is Alexa to run a routine, turn everything off (and on when I want to use stuff), using some sort of way to access Siri Shortcuts to run the routines with no real issue, saving me time and that small window that would stop me getting distracted, (I look at my phone, I either see a notification for YouTube, Quora or Twitter, the next thing I know 4 hours has gone by...

How can I get this to work? Every time I do a google, or other search websites for a solutions, I always get answers to questions in regards to using Siri to run Alexa routines instead, which is the opposite of what I am trying to achieve and nobody can seem to help me work this out.

Any help, would be great, if you know of any other way to run siri shortcuts, then maybe I can use alexa to run those other ways?

akai331

Estimable
Jan 4, 2019
It seems like you want to use Alexa to trigger Siri Shortcuts or run routines to turn off your devices when you're falling asleep.

Unfortunately, as of now, Alexa cannot directly interact with Siri Shortcuts. However, you can explore other solutions like creating custom Alexa routines or using third-party apps that might bridge the gap between Alexa and Siri.

Alternatively, you could consider setting up custom automation on your devices to automatically turn off at specific times.

Aug 9, 2023
Alexa and Siri, produced by Amazon and Apple, respectively, use different systems. Alexa does not include Siri shortcuts as of September 2021. There are some workarounds:
Use a Third-Party Service: IFTTT (If This Then That) can bridge Alexa and Siri shortcuts. IFTTT applets or routines can activate Siri shortcuts via Alexa commands.

Aug 5, 2023
Currently there isn't a direct way for alexa to execute siri shortcuts, but there are some workarounds that you can do:
One of the easy ways to do this is using IFTTT, you should set up a trigger on IFTTT using Alexa, and then create an action that triggers the Siri Shortcut you've set up for turning everything off. Another way to accomplish what you want, is utilizing a smart hub like Smart things or home assistant that offer many integration capabilities, they might offer the ability to integrate both Alexa and Siri Shortcuts; I'm not sure about it but I think it is woth checking out.

I think one of these would help you tackle your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.