How do I access streamed audio on my smartphone

Barb_75

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Have s smart phone. Have Amazon music and Google play. 1 do I need another application? have tried several ways but with internet music select I am missing a step in how to get something to actually play

Solution
not sure what you mean by "public radio station"?? if you mean a local station that you pick up in your car driving around town, then you have the idea of "internet radio" wrong. there are no broadcast stations in the services, but rather "stations" based on an artist or genre that will play a list of songs for you that are similar.

many broadcast stations have an app that does stream their live broadcast but that would be separate from what amazon and google offer.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
amazon and google music should play through their app. and only their app!!!

you do have to have the subscription however, so simply installing the app does not give you access to the music. both offer offline listening as well so you can download the files to your phone and play them offline if you wish. but they can not be used anywhere else as they are encrypted and will only play on the app that downloaded it.

Barb_75

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

Barb_75

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
not sure what you mean by "public radio station"?? if you mean a local station that you pick up in your car driving around town, then you have the idea of "internet radio" wrong. there are no broadcast stations in the services, but rather "stations" based on an artist or genre that will play a list of songs for you that are similar.

many broadcast stations have an app that does stream their live broadcast but that would be separate from what amazon and google offer.

Solution