How do I back up my Samsung Galaxy s5

lizkel31

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
How do I do a backup on my Samsung Galaxy on to the micro SD card that's in my phone I need to restore my phone

Solution
Go into Settings>Accounts and choose Backup and Reset. Make sure you only use the Backup facility because you need to remove the SdCard before the reset stage to prevent it from being wiped. Alternatively, you could just use copy and paste for pictures and music but backup is essential to include the contacts and other settings.

Once you have that card in a safe place, turn of fthe device then hold down the VolumeUp button while pressing the power button. A menu will show up and you need to use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and when you land on Factory Reset, hit the power button to select that option.
Go into Settings>Accounts and choose Backup and Reset. Make sure you only use the Backup facility because you need to remove the SdCard before the reset stage to prevent it from being wiped. Alternatively, you could just use copy and paste for pictures and music but backup is essential to include the contacts and other settings.

Once you have that card in a safe place, turn of fthe device then hold down the VolumeUp button while pressing the power button. A menu will show up and you need to use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and when you land on Factory Reset, hit the power button to select that option.

Solution