How do i connect my non smart tv to a ubee cable modem without hdmi

Jason4325

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
I have a Samsung plasma TV and a uber cable modem from time Warner. I've been trying to connect them and am hitting walls. The back of the modem has Ethernet and the back of the TV. Does not. And no USB port on either. I can't even do it through my phone. Not can I mirror my phone and TV or tether. HELP!!!!

Solution
@Jason,

No need to jump the gun on someone who's trying to help you.

These days, most cable boxes come with HDMI interface only. I can't tell whether your TV has HDMI, or analogue only. If your cable box (you did not say its model either) has RCA (cinch) connectors, red/white/yellow, probably your TV has these as well. But if not, that box is not gonna work with your TV. And USB-to-HDMI adapter won't help either.

Jason4325

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
It can I just lack either the right connection tools need a more elementary explanation. It has the option for anyone connection. So what's the hold up I wonder

Jason4325

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016

Jason4325

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
The model number is PN50A45OP1DXZ. PLASMA: 010610388474. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR EAGERNESS TO HELP. BUT LIFE HAPPENS AND JUST NOW ABLE TO RESPOND. I HOPE THERE IS AN ANSWER. THNX.

Jason4325

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Oh, just put a square peg in a round hole. What do you think? Watch Netflix , Amazon video. Crawl out from under the rock I'd been under. Thanks for taking this road to nowhere. Fun. I'll just have to buy Amazon fire stick and possibly an USB to hdmi adapter. Happy freaking Holidays. Thank you again.

@Jason,

No need to jump the gun on someone who's trying to help you.

These days, most cable boxes come with HDMI interface only. I can't tell whether your TV has HDMI, or analogue only. If your cable box (you did not say its model either) has RCA (cinch) connectors, red/white/yellow, probably your TV has these as well. But if not, that box is not gonna work with your TV. And USB-to-HDMI adapter won't help either.

Solution
Gives this one more try in case Jason is still around.

I think I understand now what the original question was... u want to know how to connect a Roku-like box to a TV that has no HDMI connection. Answer: a HDMI to Component, or HDMI to VGA, or HDMI to S-Video converter, but end product video quality suspect as the converter will attempt to compress a full HD signal into something not quite HD.

You started saying cable box and ethernet threw me off, and others as well it seems, reason why we asked you "irrelevant" questions to clarify. FREE consulting, this is all normal.