How do I connect this subwoofer and speakers to my computer?

Kevroa

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
What is the easiest way to connect this sub and these speakers to my computer? I'm pretty much a noob when i comes to this stuff and I tried searching for hours only to be more confused on the situation than I was before.

I also read that those speakers needed an amp because they aren't powered and I read that this would work... It has the option to connect the sub to it... but the sub doesn't need the amp because it is powered... (from what i can understand)

All im asking is what is the easiest and safest way to connect these together so that I can hook it up to my pc. There is probably a really simple way to do this and im just over complicating this lol... Thanks for the help in advance!

Solution
You do need a two channel amp but one like this would be fine
https://www.amazon.com/Lepy-LP-2024A-Amplifier-Stereo-Supply/dp/B00ULRFQ1A/ref=pd_sim_23_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41phZQk-zFL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=0XV5FA146VM9M1SVZ05J
but and old stereo receiver or integrated amp would be better.
If you computer has green audio outs (stereo left right) and an orange audio out (center and sub) you will connect the green to the amp and one of the leads from the orange to the sub LFE input
Set the computer to output 2,1 If you don't get bass try the other RCA plug going from the computer to the subwoofer.
If you computer only has stereo out then there are two options.
First is to connect the computer to the amp inputs...
You do need a two channel amp but one like this would be fine
https://www.amazon.com/Lepy-LP-2024A-Amplifier-Stereo-Supply/dp/B00ULRFQ1A/ref=pd_sim_23_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41phZQk-zFL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=0XV5FA146VM9M1SVZ05J
but and old stereo receiver or integrated amp would be better.
If you computer has green audio outs (stereo left right) and an orange audio out (center and sub) you will connect the green to the amp and one of the leads from the orange to the sub LFE input
Set the computer to output 2,1 If you don't get bass try the other RCA plug going from the computer to the subwoofer.
If you computer only has stereo out then there are two options.
First is to connect the computer to the amp inputs. Connect the amplifier speaker outs to the speaker level input on the subwoofer. Connect the speakers to the speaker level out of the subwoofer.
Second is to split the output of the computer and connect it to both the amp and the subwoofer line level inputs.
The computer will have 3.5mm stereo mini jacks and the amp and sub RCA jacks so you will need the correct cables.

Solution