Solved! How do I fix my laptop when it has a black screen and I can't access any of my apps

Dec 1, 2018
So when I went to shut down my Laptop what is an Acer and it said shutdown and update so I did and when it was done updating I shut the laptop and the next morning when I wanted to use it. The laptop said this will take several minutes and just making sure your apps are good to go

After that i log on to my laptop but my whole screen was black and I waited 20-40 mintues to see if it was any different and no luck

I repeated this 4-5 times and still getting a black screen

It's a gaming laptop what is about £999 and only got it of Amazon 5-6 months ago

Solution
If you can see the Windows start up logo and login boxes, then probably somehting has screwed up the video driver. Time for safe mode and uninstall, or revert back to previous build pre-update and update everthing you can before trying again.

I'm not a big fan of major updates via Windows Update and prefer to download the new ISO and do if from a USB.

If all else fails and you have nothing stored you can live wihtout, do a factory restore and then update windows to latest version.

das_stig

Distinguished
If you can see the Windows start up logo and login boxes, then probably somehting has screwed up the video driver. Time for safe mode and uninstall, or revert back to previous build pre-update and update everthing you can before trying again.

I'm not a big fan of major updates via Windows Update and prefer to download the new ISO and do if from a USB.

If all else fails and you have nothing stored you can live wihtout, do a factory restore and then update windows to latest version.

Solution