Solved! How do i fix my lenovo laptop from an infinite boot menu loop

Jan 23, 2022
Ok the story is i went to change my boot mode from the bios settings using the f2 key to enter it i changed it from legacy support to uefi, i then exited and saved the settings after that i was shown a boot menu screen i tried pressing enter and it went back to the boot menu screen again, so i tried going back to the bios and changing the boot mode to legacy support again from uefi but after that it still doesnt work could anyone help me?

Solution
That is unfortunate. You don't want to mess with those settings unless your are reinstalling Windows (at least in my experience). My experience with these details are limited, but you may have messed up the boot records on your drive. Legacy and UEFI use completely different formats. Poke around on the internet for how to run Windows repair if Windows won't boot. Sorry I can't be more specific. You could also try to download the Windows Installer from MS and see if starting that gives you an option to repair Windows.
That is unfortunate. You don't want to mess with those settings unless your are reinstalling Windows (at least in my experience). My experience with these details are limited, but you may have messed up the boot records on your drive. Legacy and UEFI use completely different formats. Poke around on the internet for how to run Windows repair if Windows won't boot. Sorry I can't be more specific. You could also try to download the Windows Installer from MS and see if starting that gives you an option to repair Windows.

Solution