Solved! How do I get network security key when I have a Samsung S2 9 +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2018
I'm trying to tether a Samsung S9 part to a Dell computer and it's asking me for a network security key. How do I go about retrieving that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It is the password on your device to access the network. If you are trying to use the phone as a hotspot, if it is at all possible, it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
  2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
  3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
  4. On this new screen, you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
  5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a WiFi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would...
It is the password on your device to access the network. If you are trying to use the phone as a hotspot, if it is at all possible, it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
  2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
  3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
  4. On this new screen, you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
  5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a WiFi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app that you can install to help with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.