Question How do I go about completely hard rebooting Toshiba C70D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2021
I've been given this laptop to wipe and restart as they were having issues booting successfully. It would boot to the logo and then go black. It now only boots to the logo and the logo stays on screen.

I have retrieved all the data from the laptop and have followed various methods with no success.
turn on and hold "0" takes me to "The Hard Drive Recovery Process" I click yes on this and it goes completely to black with no progress if I click no on this the laptop shuts off.
I have tried going into F12 but cannot seem to find a key online I can boot directly from, although I may be being really stupid with this one... my mind has almost melted after today!

If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

Given the prior owners had problems, there may be a hardware problems, but if the problem was just software, reinstalling Windows may work. This will erase everything on the hard drive.

On another computer, download the Win10 installation tool to the computer. Do this by following the steps at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). Select the option to make media for another computer.

Run the tool just downloaded. Direct the output to an empty USB stick at least 8GB in size.

Start your computer and enter the BIOS (hope you know how to do this). Change the boot order settings to boot from the USB as the first choice. You may also need to turn off secure boot if that is enabled.

Restart the computer and hopefully you will now boot from the USB. If that happens, you will be asked some installation questions and asked if you want to install or repair. Choose install.

Reactions: andyhunt27
Feb 8, 2021
Given the prior owners had problems, there may be a hardware problems, but if the problem was just software, reinstalling Windows may work. This will erase everything on the hard drive.

On another computer, download the Win10 installation tool to the computer. Do this by following the steps at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). Select the option to make media for another computer.

Run the tool just downloaded. Direct the output to an empty USB stick at least 8GB in size.

Start your computer and enter the BIOS (hope you know how to do this). Change the boot order settings to boot from the USB as the first choice. You may also need to turn off secure boot if that is enabled.

Restart the computer and hopefully you will now boot from the USB. If that happens, you will be asked some installation questions and asked if you want to install or repair. Choose install.

Thanks for the reply! I have tried that today and unfortunately the laptop is not willing to boot from USB, its simply stuck on the logo screen, no loading circle or "Loading" comes up.

Any idea what could be broken with it inside? I have seen a tutorial on replacing the RAM? is that something that would possibly help? or is it more likely to be complete motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS