How do I know if my TV is HDCP compliant

Miss money penny

Estimable
May 13, 2015
I have purchased Amazon Fire and a new Toshiba 42l7453db TV Full HD, I need to know if it is Compatable? Can anyone help before I unpack my TV

Johnstoirvin

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015

I have the HDMI port on my Vizio HDTV connected to the HDMI port on my Dish receiver and every month or so 13 different channels are blocked for 24 hours because "a device which is not HDCP compliant has been detected." There are no other devices hooked to the TV or the receiver. So, how can your statement that "Anything with an HDMI port will be compliant" be true?? (Note: the receiver info screen says HDCP is enabled.)

rgd1101

Don't

because as you said, it only block for 24 hrs, sound like an issue with your dish receiver

Read at the bottom here about the problems with HDCP, there could be an issue with how the security keys are generated by the Dish device. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection "The technology sometimes causes handshaking problems where devices cannot establish a connection, especially with older high-definition displays".

It's not an issue with HDMI and HDCP in general, it's something with your hardware. And what happens with your Dish set and your other TV would not affect the new TV and the Fire device.

If your devices did not work with HDCP, you would not get them to work at all, not have them not work for 24 hrs at times.