How do i make my 'laptop' into a gaming 'laptop

Solution
I might bet that's impossible for many reasons. I can number some of them
1st. You need to have a high voltage CPU, quad-core for better performance
2. almost for sure you can't upgrade the graphics card on your board, so, you are limited to the VRAM available
3. RAM speed is limited to the max allowed by the motherboard
4. Disk space and read/write speed? Yeah..

Even if all these aspects could be changed, what about refrigeration? Your laptop is not built to handle such power/heat generated by extreme upgrades and if it does, more heat more battery drain
At last but not the least important, the more heat it generates, the less time your computer survives. Sometimes the graphics card is the first to die, so think about it

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Sell it and buy a new one. Laptops are not normally upgrade-able for gaming.
The only upgrades you can normally do is to memory and storage.

But if you want a better answer, give us some details.

andre.c.louro96

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I might bet that's impossible for many reasons. I can number some of them
1st. You need to have a high voltage CPU, quad-core for better performance
2. almost for sure you can't upgrade the graphics card on your board, so, you are limited to the VRAM available
3. RAM speed is limited to the max allowed by the motherboard
4. Disk space and read/write speed? Yeah..

Even if all these aspects could be changed, what about refrigeration? Your laptop is not built to handle such power/heat generated by extreme upgrades and if it does, more heat more battery drain
At last but not the least important, the more heat it generates, the less time your computer survives. Sometimes the graphics card is the first to die, so think about it

Solution

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Technically, an external GPU could go a long way toward improving gaming performance by letting it use a desktop graphics card in a dock or enclosure powered by a PSU. Some newer laptops offer Thunderbolt connections that can properly connect to one, and many others can connect to an internal mPCIe plug, though that's a more involved process and is something of a "hack". So I wouldn't say that upgrading a laptop for gaming is "impossible".

Things like CPU and RAM speed will limit performance, but I suspect that most laptop processors from the last few years should be able to manage 30+ FPS in most newer games if given access to a proper graphics card. Drive performance shouldn't make much difference for most games either, aside from increasing load times, and the storage device could always be updated to an SSD, if needed.

Not all laptops will be able to connect to an eGPU though, and of course, such a solution will not be easily portable. It's certainly not something for everyone, but it's a possibility that's there.

Of course, we don't even know what kind of hardware this laptop has, or what games you are trying to play. Maybe it's just a matter of having to turn down settings, reduce resolution, or make sure that the laptop is utilizing a built-in graphics card, if it has one.