How do I make my sd card my internal storage on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Well first, you have to be running Android "Marshmallow" (a.k.a. 6.0). So you would have to be running that, or able to upgrade to it for your tablet to allow the change. Then, the second issue is if the manufacturer has restricted the option on that device or not. Sadly, sometimes they do.

First make sure you are already running or able to upgrade to "Marshmallow". Then try the following instructions to see if the tablet will allow for the change.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Well first, you have to be running Android "Marshmallow" (a.k.a. 6.0). So you would have to be running that, or able to upgrade to it for your tablet to allow the change. Then, the second issue is if the manufacturer has restricted the option on that device or not. Sadly, sometimes they do.

First make sure you are already running or able to upgrade to "Marshmallow". Then try the following instructions to see if the tablet will allow for the change.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SongmakersCry Android Tablets 2
F Android Tablets 3
M Android Tablets 4
R Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 1
I Android Tablets 1
J Android Tablets 1
U Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 1
P Android Tablets 2
S Android Tablets 1