Question How do I modify .swm files?

afranklin197

Great
Jan 17, 2019
How to I modify .swm files, I know how to modify .wim files by using a dism command, but when I tried the command on .swm files, it didn't work, how do I modify .swm files for the factory resets?

I just find it unusual to try and put additional programs and files into a SWM file after it was originally created. The only time I have seen that done (or should I say tried to be done) had ulterior motives. Not something I would promote.

Alas, I have not personally seen a way to alter them directly. However, there are ways to merge SWM files into a WIM one. That can become huge though.

I would say, however, that unless it is a lot of files/programs, it would be much simpler to just save them separately and install them after the initial installation. The initial installation really should only have/contain the basics needed as to start from scratch and avoid problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 3
TypicalOven Laptop Tech Support 6
C Laptop Tech Support 0
Swarit123 Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
kabman Laptop Tech Support 3
ajw4321 Laptop Tech Support 0
ssduarte92 Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 11