How do I open an MDX file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hello Everybody:

I would like to know which program should I use to open an MDX file, and why can't Daemon Tools open it?

Thank you.

Solution
After scratching my head for a bit I came up with nothing, so I did a little research for you and have come up with this...

The .MDX file is one file itself (there are previous extensions for this file type that consisted of several files but they condensed them into one file, which is .MDX) and should be used accordingly. You can use Daemon Tools to open it, but I don't know why it's not letting you. You may have a problem with your registry?

Anyway, I found a site that gives a small table of the available programs you can use to open it (Daemon is on here too). List of Programs

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help...hopefully this does it for you though! Good luck accomplishing what you want.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
A .MDX is an extension used for 3D models that are associated with the game Warcraft III and it's expansion, Frozen Throne. The .MDX is a binary file type, and it also can be converted to a .MDL extension. The only difference is that the .MDL is a text version of the models and you can just use a text editor.

To answer your question, if you have the game installed you should simply be able to click on it and it should open within the game. If not, you can get 3DSMax and download several WC3 plug ins and you'll be able to view/edit.

Hope this helps!

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hello again.

I've got a file that doesn't have to do, what so ever, with this game mentioned above (Warcraft III).

The file that I have contains another installation file inside of it, or it acts like an installation file itself, I'm not sure.

What I'm asking for is a way to open this file, whether if to use the file inside, or to use it as a file.

I hope I was clear enough, if not, I will explain myself again.

Thank you.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
After scratching my head for a bit I came up with nothing, so I did a little research for you and have come up with this...

The .MDX file is one file itself (there are previous extensions for this file type that consisted of several files but they condensed them into one file, which is .MDX) and should be used accordingly. You can use Daemon Tools to open it, but I don't know why it's not letting you. You may have a problem with your registry?

Anyway, I found a site that gives a small table of the available programs you can use to open it (Daemon is on here too). List of Programs

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help...hopefully this does it for you though! Good luck accomplishing what you want.

Solution

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Thank you very much for your help, and research.

I don't think that Microsoft SQL Server, will be very helpful, since the file is not related with databases.

I think I would reinstall the Daemon Tools, hopefully solving the problem. If it doesn't, I will just erase the file, and will try to get the containing of it, in another format.

Thank you, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.